- All of our trainers have decades of hands on experience and are all active locksmiths. They each still carry out work today meaning they’re in a great position to pass on the tricks of the trade and teach you based upon years of experience rather than you being taught by those who have no hands on experience.
- All methods are taught on our courses ranging from basic methods of entry through to the use of the most up-to-date equipment available. This, as far as we’re concerned, will enable you to make the best decisions for your business and for your clients. These methods include non-destructive entry for wooden and uPVC doors.
- Being one of the only UK distributors of uPVC door locks means we’re specialists in the field and with many years of experience, we’re able to pass on everything we know to you, helping you to take on uPVC jobs as a specialist in the field. Wooden doors are a thing of the past and in order to pick up the most work, you must be competent in uPVC doors.
- All of our courses train you according to your ability level and whether you’re a beginner or are already locksmithing, our courses are tailored to you. We are happy to customise all courses to ensure you receive the training which you need and want to further your business. We make our courses relevant to you and don’t teach from standard DVDs unlike others.
- We are proud to offer full back up and support following your course for as long as you need it. Your trainer will be available 24 hours a day should you need assistance when carrying out your first jobs. It is this level of support which we pride ourself on. Locksmithing can be a very challenging yet rewarding job, and it’s nice to know that you can have a second opinion or a little bit of advice totally free of charge should you need it.
About MPL Locksmith Training
MPL Trade Counter WakefieldMPL have been locksmithing for over 2 decades and were one of the first people to become market leaders in uPVC replacements. Over the past 20 years or so millions of uPVC doors have been fitted throughout the UK – people had become fed up with endlessly painting and repairing old wood doors and were looking to upgrade security, due in a large part to the increasing number of house burglaries.
uPVC double glazing soon became the popular choice for householders looking to replace doors and windows. They were drawn to the fact that “it’s plastic and therefore it doesn’t rot” nor does it need any paint or varnish, the added security – doors that lock in multiple positions (without having to bend down/reach up to fasten the old fashion bolts or latches on wooden doors).
The only problem with uPVC doors is that if the lock fails it takes time to track down that specific part, it’s not just a case of nipping down to the local DIY store and picking a lock or handle that looks like it might fit. uPVC is much more complex, firstly there are hundreds of different locks out there and to a certain extent no one will fit in another’s place (unlike wood where you can just chisel a bit more of the door out). Most people are so frustrated by looking that they give up and opt to get a new door (costing on average £700).
“Here at MPL we have made it out business to source the best possible range of uPVC door locks. Many of which are no longer manufactured. We aim to make the complex business of identifying multipoint locks simple by following our step by step guide on the home page – however if your still unsure as to which lock you require simply give us a call on 01924 360444 where a member of the sales team (who have a great deal of experience in identifying and fitting multipoint locks) will be more than happy to assist you in identifying your lock as well as offering advice on fitting.
We regularly review the market to ensure that stock is up to date, with new locks being developed constantly and older locks becoming obsolete.”