1-Day Key Safe Course for Locksmiths
Looking to expand your skillset? Want to add a new offering to your service list? Then the 1-Day Key Safe Training Course is the perfect solution for you!
We’ll cover all the essential aspects you might be called out to manage, including the Installation of Key Safes, methods for Non-Destructive Entry of Key Safes, and the Re-Coding of Key Safes.
Enquire now to secure your space on our next Key Safe Course.
What are Key Safes?
Key safes are fitted for many different purposes and are found external to the room/property where spare keys can be found to allow access.
Whether on commercial or residential work locksmiths encounter either having to install key safes or indeed have to gain entry to them either if the key safe is faulty or indeed a code has been changed or no longer can be remembered to open the safe.
Key safes are usually found in some of the scenarios below for different reasons –
- HOMES – Installed to leave spare keys for family members, doctors, carers, cleaners, dog walkers and trades people.
- HOLIDAY HOMES/LETS – Key safes are installed at the majority of holiday rental properties to alleviate owners/agents need to meet new guests on arrival every time. The guests are given a phone number to ring on arrival at the property and they are then given the code to access the key to the property.
- SHEDS/STORAGE SPACES – Installed for tradespeople, family and delivery drivers.
- YARD GATES – Installed for trades people, gardeners and delivery drivers.
- BUSINESS/OFFICES – Usually installed on premises where multiple staff need access but do not want to distribute a large number of keys in case they are lost.
Key safes are recommended for welfare reasons, maybe if certain people are either elderly, disabled or vulnerable in case immediate entry is required.
What is Covered in the 1-Day Key Safe Course?
There are different types of keys safes (wheel & pin) on this course we will not only practically cover the correct methods in installing a key safe but also practically cover the non destructive entry methods on a wide range of different branded key safes with various security features, so whether its a somewhat standard keys safe right through to the more complex high security keys safe we will leave you comfortable in your ability to non destructively gain entry to key safes as well as teaching you how to install a key safe from scratch.
All candidates will receive a Key Safe manual that will include key notes of each step to gain entry and recode each key safe listed above.