We’re ready for the new industry qualifications
New Locksmith Qualifications
We are excited to announce that in response to market pressure to recognise professionalism in the locksmith sector, MPL Locksmith Training are working in conjunction with CORGI Fenestration to be one of the first training centres to offer new OFQUAL regulated locksmiths qualifications that are expected to be available for release late 2019.
What do you need to know?
- Awarding and trade bodies are advising students to continue to take any courses that have already identified, as these can form part of your portfolio of evidence for the qualification
- In preparation for this, our 5 day course (that is already accredited by CORGI Fenestration and City & Guilds) has already been pre-approved as a foundation course
- This means that successfully completing our 5 day course will meet the entry criteria for the new qualification, and form a large amount of your portfolio of evidence
- Whilst the government haven’t released any official guidance yet, we understand that by 2022 this qualification will become a requirement to undertake locksmithing work in the facilities sector e.g. hospitals & construction
- There will be a transition period to enable existing locksmiths to upgrade to the qualification
The industry is still at the early stages of understanding the new qualifications and so information is currently limited. Rest assured that MPL Locksmith Training are working in partnership with CORGI Fenestration and so will be at the forefront of all future developments to ensure the courses we offer to our students are of the highest quality and will always offer the most advanced level of training that will allow you to undertake all work opportunities in the future.
If you’d like to understand more or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to give our team a call on 01924 693293